Sunday, January 31, 2010

Edmonton Rush Shave











Yesterday started with the last Kali Pink BBQ at Sobeys. They brought in the Olympic torch and more peeps came to help out to help. Tammy was far past exhaustion, (bordering on grumpy) so I decided to ditch and break my "coffee / sugar rule". Enduring the line up in the Timmies drive through seemed so worth it to enjoy a LARGE coffee - reallllly sweet, realllly creamy.
My 2 hour break served me well. By 4:00 we were hoofin it to Rexall for the RUSH game. Snagged Tory (our miracle brat) and used her cell phone to make another crank call to 780-444-9467 along the way.
Weazie and Nadine, Steven, Christie, Hannah Banana, Kali Bear and of course Nicki (who had scooped my girls earlier to help plaster Rexall with posters) were all geared up for another "what happens at RUSH stays at RUSH. Of course, it's the Bear thats the biggest concern (but not the only....). His behaviour hit a new level last night... security, handcuffs, I won't even go there. Pictures say a thousands words so I am gonna leverage my time. This is the link to our pictures on Hair Massacure Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=191972&id=660921997
I sure hope he behaves himself at the mall..... I know he will cause Weazie and Christie will be busy. Flat Christie is the one on the banner. She's trouble. Weazie is just plain 27-7 trouble. She too is flat Weazie (on another banner).
Gord took Tory and Kali to the media center and spoke about our 2 miracles while Nicki tried to keep the bear in line.
We met a very nice pink family, thats always so inspiring to see.
Genevieve and Sam from GV's came out with clippers for the final shave, they are wonderful to this event. We all took a swipe on a RUSH (except the bear - who was a little rough, he left gouges). These players are really are a lot of fun and have so much heart.
Someone I know has a huge crush on one of them... but I wont reveal who cause Nicki told me not to.....




No comments:

Post a Comment