Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Marvel - Jan 11

WOW! Marvel was spectacular. As much as I aspire to be like Tammy on most days, I am not her, and so while she was writing the last blog, I was sleeping. I hope this doesn’t get me fired…

I did manage to sleep through three alarms, and then had to rush as I was meeting people at Marvel earlier than everyone else. Turns out I still made it (I was the fourth person there – but basically on the shirttails of the first three so it still counts!).

Early morning always ensures silliness with this event, and Monday morning was no exception. While a couple of us tried to push a parked car to make room for the BT truck, others were arriving with fresh baked muffins, children, and high spirits. Children, big and small, were all over the place. As the morning went on, and the funny photos (no worries Tam, I’ll send you mine. That way you’ll have some good ones...) piled up, people were turning PINK! Having Breakfast Television there to record some of it was awesome as usual and watching some really deserving people get intereviewed on TV made my heart sing.

The stylists, teachers and students, at Marvel College were fabulous! We had so many people, of varying pinking degrees, and I never heard one complaint. My mum wanted a steak of pink, and ended up with her bangs (which she loves so much more than streaks), there were streaks, there were tips only, there was everything – and it was fabulous to watch (in between muffins..) the progress of everyone’s hair.

I wanted to give a shout out to the stylists at Marvel – You were all fabulous! And one more to everyone that came out to go PINK, or to support someone who was. Your smiling faces as you left the building (and yes, I saw those looks that a certain car rental company next door gave some of us) makes me get up early for the next pinking!

Thanks guys!
Nicki

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Job Nicki, you and Tammy although trouble in the largest sense of the word make an amazing Team. It was an awesome morning watching people transform into there pink, getting ready to make some waves and collect the muchacha's... A million here we come!!!
    Your parents are great and see neat to see them supporting you and this life changing event. Here's to another day for Tammy and Nicki, go get em ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete