Tuesday, January 26, 2010

CISN Countdown

Monday was another full day. Presentation at a new school in the Grove. Great kids, new with us this year. I met a Wish child there and a young pink boy with a pink family and brain tumor. I actually met them before at the grove at IGA. The school is inspired by these kids.
Later that afternoon Kali and I skipped out on a crazy bleaching event taking place at GH Primeau after school. My next post will update their pinking.
We trucked over to CISN and met with our friend Chris to do the top 6 countdown.
Kali surprised me! Her shyness I have grown accustomed to - so I did not expect her to pull off the radio voice I heard. Not only did Kali actually lean into the mic, but she projected her voice and offered much more than her traditional one word answers. I am still not used to her coming out of her shell.
We sat with Chris for a bit and discussed various stories with a "movie theater" theme. Chris offered a funny story about loosing his family at Avatar. He then asked me if we have seen Blind side. I offered my theatre story of loosing my family at the Grandin Theater (with a whopping 7 people to make this much worse). Long story short.... I misplaced my seat next to Mansy and sat next to a man and his wife and child. Would not have been so traumatic had I not cuddled in for 10 minutes and then made away with his coat. Mandy's frantic efforts of turning around, waving and calling me were a complete waste. Anyways... my point of this - Chris shares this on air as I drive home. Good thing I have grown a thick skin through the many years of Tammy moments and have become immune to embarrassment.
Will catch you up with the school that bleached.....



No comments:

Post a Comment