Tuesday, January 19, 2010

La La Land

My post today is about being in la la land. Nicki and I have been taking a few trips there because we heard it's a nice place to visit when ones faculties are compromised.
My Preparation H did NOT work under my eyes this morning and I am a little concerned. What if I look like a haggard old witch come February? What if I just shrivel up?
Yesterday was a gong show of emails, phone calls and lengthy lists of tasks that we believe we may never complete. No post either. I charged my phone twice, Nicky's was already dead by mid morning. I guess this is a good thing?
In January, 3 items of urgency (for this discussion) are distribution of posters, pink hair dye and pledge packages.
Without naming names... there is a particularly ambitious school that has beckoned me to returned 6 times to restock their pledge packages. This is a repeat school and I did not anticipate that they would go gang busters this year. I have now warned them that soon I will be blocking their number from my cell phone (lol)......Yes, this IS a good thing (although I am starting to pull out my hair). By Feb 12th, I imagine I will already be bald.
I have returned to schools with more packages, and school presentations are still in the works. Salons are running out of Paul Mitchell pink, and now there is a renewed interest for ordering school orders of Kali Pink.
Fitting in media, meetings, sponsorship commitments, and 100 emails per day spins Nicki and I round and round in the hamster wheel. I am worried that she might run away and join a circus. Oh... wait - she already did!

No comments:

Post a Comment