Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th. I think.

So as Tam wrote yesterday, we were both working like mad – trying to be prepared for the dreaded Monday after the holiday season.

I don’t know about any of you, but I did wake up to my 9th alarm (seriously. I normally set 11 alarms), had to wash my hair twice as I put body wash in it after the first time… does that make it three times? Then I realized I had no clean clothes for work and I’m out of toothpaste. I arrived at work with two minutes to spare, but then had to scarf down breakfast here as I forgot to eat supper last night and was starving.

So needless to say, when I started actually working this morning, only marginally late, I was already ready for a nap. But here I am hours later, with three (now four) cups of tea in me (common Tam, coffee is over-rated..), and about to grab some Christmassy Girl Guide cookies for lunch before I head into some meetings, finish some artwork, and get ready for more meetings … did I mention that I love spreadsheets?... uh, I’m back in the swing of things. Mostly.
So, I hope that your first Monday back is just as filled with caffeine, naps on keyboards, and twitches as mine.

Nick

2 comments: