Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sobeys / Johnsonville / Kali Pink / going loopy.









Today was 1/2 day at St.Albert Sobeys promoting Massacure and Kali Pink. Another free Johnsonville BBQ, live cut ins with CISN Country Cruiser, and time with my loyal and wonderful peeps. My son-in-law Steven, and our other Steven (new to the team of crazies) assisted Collin Parker (our wonderful angel from Johnsonville) in the cold as Collin BBQ'd while they served up 240 Johnsonville Brats. All for this promotion.....
Folks, lets get one thing straight - I am not promoting this pink to benefit you, I am doing this to benefit me. If I don't find a way to SOON to reduce the pink traffic frequenting certain participating salons, I worry that the stylists and salon owners will force me to eat a pink hair sandwhich.
I brought fresh baked cookies and MORE PINK for GV's in Morinville, their salon can barely keep up with this enthusiastic PINK town! Mel - well, she's driving all over the place and living on her prosthesis (phone) to accommodate folks. Other salons I know are feeling it too. They do it all for the cause, unselfishly - but if I can get some pink into more homes (from Sobeys) then maybe I wont have to eat hair.
Back to the PINK.....Today F.R.E.D (Family Run Event Dog) graced us with his presence at Sobeys.
CISN announced that St. Albert Sobeys had a pink Massacure dog, and some came just to check it out. I was so proud of FRED. He didn't fart once, lick himself or belch. And don't kid yourself - dogs are NOT colour blind. He knows he's pink, and he knows that gets attention. FRED's a suck and he gets to be a chic magnet.
It always surprises me how many passerbyers stop and ask if he was born that way. I always say yes. Sometimes I tell them that his mom was white and dad was red. Sometimes my tale appeases them, I will assume that they haven't found out about the Easter Bunny either.
Tomorrow my plan is to take a day off. I asked Nicki to do the same as neither of us can remember the last one.
Both of us are needing Preparation H (for the bags under the eyes), and I am starting to take a toll now on how many Hot Chocolates Nicki consumes in one day.
I started pounding back a glass of wine every night (which is rare for this chic, but Gord keeps my supply up for the sake of the children). I come home, unhinge my jaw and dump in like a giant shooter. By Feb 12, my acupuncturist (Leslee) will be harpooning every square inch of my body just to teach me a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment