Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sobeys / Johnsonville and Kali Pink

Today was the first saturday in the next 3 that we will be promoting the Massacure and Kali Pink.
We were at the IGA in Spruce Grove.
Collin Parker, a truly wonderful soul is one who proudly sinks his teeth into supporting the Massacure and the Michael Cuccione Foundation. Collin is also a rep for Johnsonville, and for the past 3 years has supplied our cause with the famous Brats at various events including these Sobeys promos, select school pinkings (Sturgeon Heights yesterday), school CISN concert and volunteer BBQ.
Today the enticing aroma of BBQ lured the folks to come out and learn about the massacure. It was certainly the perfect day to do so. CISN Country was out promoting us, 425 Brats were served, it was a good day.
A "pink" family came out when they heard that our family would be there. After a while of conversation, I sadly learned that the cute little boy I was speaking with (sporting the pink fohawk) had a brain tumor. This happens every year where we meet a new pink child who's been afflicted. Why does this happen to kids? Why not unscrupulous, corrupt people? This I haven't been able to get my head around and some days it literally haunts me.
Our faithful steeds - Steven (my almost son-in law) and Dusty (my adopted son / survivor) came out for support. Steven, (we realized can sell cowsomething to a farmer), politely lured the folks to the table and eventually to our donation jar which resulted in $440.00. He and Collin spent 4 hours outside, God bless 'em.
The Massacure is not as well know out in the Grove as it is in St. Alberta, Morinville and Gibbons. Thats ok. This means saturation hasn't hit and THAT means we still have potential to grow.
Next Saturday we will be at St.Albert Sobeys, and the following Saturday (30th) - Morinville (12-3 pm). Our pink dog FRED in tow with our Massacure peeps. Just follow the aroma of our Johnsonville BBQ...


2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm... brats... can't wait till Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are remarkable!!!! I enjoyed meeting you and some of your family and my boy Austin was just thrilled that you took the time to talk to us and introduce us to everyone! He is amazed to see Kali looking so good (I don't think he knew what to expect). He is quite oblivious that he is so special and he was very touched by your attention! I agree that Spruce Grove is kind of out of the loop so it is my mission to spread the awareness!

    I was very excited to see you at my boys school (St. Joseph) this morning and I am so grateful that they have jumped on board! I feel genuinely blessed to have met you and would love it if you ever needed me to help in some way! Thank you, thank you, thank you Tammy! Take care!

    ReplyDelete