Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Day

As Tammy has stated below, my family has a mostly-annual New Years Day party with a Chinese Gift Exchange - and some of the presents really wow people. There are the classics, like the tourist video of Vancouver that came back.. for 5 years. Or the Unicorn Thermometer.. Or the best gift ever - a case of Kleenexes. My best friend's parents didn't buy tissues for almost the entire year! This year I chose a bottle-like present - thinking it would be wonderful if it was actually liquor, but knowing it probably wasn't.. and to no one's shock, it wasn't. I received an empty bottle ready for recycling. Good thing I am a smooth talker and pawned it off on a visiting child... hehehe..

The gifts, though usually good conversational topics, are never the reason we invite those people important to us for the afternoon. We love to see our friends and family filled with seasonal cheer, food enough for an army (thanks mum!) and the night before's parties. Some of the people that arrive on our doorstep on January first, we only get to see once or twice a year, and others like Tam, I get to see often throughout the year. But it's different. It's not work, it's not anything, but fun (even if more than one Nikon was in my house!). And that's the point. To enjoy the season, and all it brings. Especially if it brings good friends and good food together.

I hope you've all had fabulous holidays and I look forward to seeing you soon (afterall it is Massacure Season now!)

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment