Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stuff

Lets see...
Took Kali Bear to the vet this morning for a check up and a prescription for a new fan and an ice vest. He is now scheduled in for a bath and a groom - check.
Took Fred to the Stollery (foundation) for a visit. Took us forever to get past security. I don't think it protocol to takes pictures with phones and ask for poses. Maybe they are just really friendly. Next time we will use the stairs and stuff him into the mascot bag. Much quicker to get into a building.
As Nicki and I sat in the lobby inhaling her moms baking and chugging tea, we noted a dozen interruptions to pet, photograph or hug.
FRED was a good boy upstairs as we unleashed the pink beast to visit with our fellow staff that work at the foundation. Working away in their cubicles, it was fun to watch the surprised reaction to the new guest (who's long tongue matches his fur). All he wants is a cuddle and is relentless until he gets one. Not one fart today, no belches - I think he may get a good evaluation. I was so proud. Maybe its the wheat free diet. I took him off of teddy bears too, and that made a difference with the gas.
Next was acupuncture. ahhhhhhhhh..... Both Kyrsti and I this time. Apparently she now has mommy brain and hasn't slept in weeks. It really helps. We don't drink for several hours after cause it will just leak out anyways.
Last (like there is a last...) was the accumulated emails and messages that awaited my day while out and about. McDonalds has already run out of Kali Bears to sell. Paper bears - sell for 1.00 in 29 corporate restaurants. Last year they sold 16,000.00 - all for our cause. This year, Lord knows how many - they are going gangbusters! I love McDonalds people! Thats upcoming in my blog - my connection with Ronny. Support MCD's and buy a Kali Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment