Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wedding SOS

I watched a show the other night called Wedding SOS. It’s about those people who are planning a wedding but haven’t bought a book, or don’t use lists (this would never be me! Ask my best friend how many books and binders I’ve bought her!) But then this “wedding planner of the stars” shows up and grants them three wishes so that their wedding will not be a complete fail.

I was wondering if we could get her for our event. Every year! I’m not saying that we are disorganized – because really you should see all our lists and binders! But it would be so nice to have her there to swoop in at the last moment (she normally shows up 10 days before the wedding) to worry about little things like food, and a reception hall, or in our case, everything that we are all too tired to think of.

To be my own Fairy God Mother (without a wand unfortunately…) I am trying to get those pesky little things done now so they will not have to be worried about during the mass chaos that is February. Things like printing name tags, getting schedules drawn up, and making a map of the event. This includes where chairs will go and where ushers will stand – I mean EVERYTHING!

This also includes things like getting a transportation schedule ready so that by January first everyone will know what time the truck has to be unloaded at the Mall on the morning of the event.

Yes, I may be a bit anal about some things (example: the map is to scale.), but I think that by not having a life now, I will be able to sleep in February. And boy, do I ever love sleep! And I believe that Tammy and my fellow Captains love sleep too… so I make them help me!

So thank you to all my fellow Massacurians that help do all the “small” stuff before the event! I appreciate it!

xx Nicki

2 comments:

  1. as an aside - I now have ABBA's SOS in my head from writing this...

    So when you're near me,
    Darlin can't you hear me?
    SOS
    The love you gave me,
    Nothing else could save me,
    SOS
    When your gone,
    How can I even try to go on,
    When your gone, though I try,
    How can I carry on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats my song to YOU...... What would I ever do without you Nicki???

    ReplyDelete