Friday, December 11, 2009

Self Esteem

Thought I would touch on self esteem today, being one of my latest posts dealt with shyness.
Please dont think my agenda is solely to plug my event by what I am about to share, however with each and every post I try to relate it back to the Massacure. After all, this is the purpose of this blog.
The ironic thing with pinking and shaving is that one might assume this to be an esteem deflator. In some ways it can be, briefly (mostly for the conservative ones). Certainly humbling to say the least - its supposed to be. After all, one does stick out in a crowd. It is human to have an automatic judgement response to something or someone that is different. I applaud those who choose to rise above it.
Ironically the boost of esteem occurs at that very moment when you realize that your heroic endeavour just made a huge and lasting impact, leaving you with those memories that you can proudly reflect on and share with your grandkids, co-workers and family members. Once educated the ones that initially placed judgement now recognize you as heroic. The rewarding feeling fills you to your core when you spot a sick child or cancer patient and know that you did something to feel really good about. That is indeed a boost, dont you agree?
Whatever we do to assist and support our fellow man makes us feel good inside. In my opinion (and I'll assume yours) there is something particularly special about helping children. They are our future. Our positive examples teach our children to follow these footsteps, and Lord knows we need more of that in this world.
DO SOMETHING THIS NEW YEAR THAT YOU WILL FEEL GOOD ABOUT.... HELP A CHILD.

No comments:

Post a Comment