Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Massacure XMas Promo at the Hub.

Today we (Megs, Nicki, Kali, Mel and Kali Bear) trucked over to the Hub and joined our new salon "Stylistics" in an fun early Massacure promotion with a Christmas twist. Santa (Ian) placed pink cotton balls in his beard and shouted out to the campus "Free Gift Bags, picture with Santa, give a donation to the Massacure!!". In the background, Mel (our other stylist coordinator and human mascot) bellowed out to all passing by that they needed to cough up their change, 20's, 50's and hundreds will do!". Rudolph hit up the oncoming traffic with his shout outs - all resulting in 801.00 in donations in 2.5 hours. 200 gifts bags given out, compliments of the efforts of this salon.
Kali Bear entertained and yes he was too fat for Santa's lap so Santa sat on mine..... his. He even got a quick trim in the chair, while we were there.
Playing the mascot is evenly spread out between family members. His personality is quite unique (mischievous), so his character must be consistent. Kali's shift today resulted in a friendly, polite bear. The other shift - maybe not so much? Thankfully Santa did not get too upset with the groping incident, Rudolphs crumpled tail, the chase, missing cookies.......
Speaking of cookies...
Cookies By George donated cookies and sadly I caved. How could you not? I envisioned (with every bite) my acupuncturist shaking her finger at me (I am supposed to be off sugar and coffee...). She knew anyway, my racing pulse busted me.
Nicki forbid the coffee and handled this promotion very well for just being involved for only 1 month. As I was inside a bear, it was difficult to speak to the 3 camera men that came out from the 3 stations, so I asked Nicki to handle the interviews on my behalf. I never do this......
So, another good day. Lots of fun, little bit of mischief and no one is twitching so I deem this a success. Thank you Stylistics, peeps, and the campus for your generosity today.
I'm off.... (but you already knew that....)




No comments:

Post a Comment