Sunday, December 13, 2009

Captains meeting at MAW

Our Massacure volunteers are the best. We have over 400 that support our cause - 25 Captains, veterans (who have been with us forever), 8 Stylist coordinators and Kyrstis peeps (youth volunteers) are just like family.
Today we had a captains meeting at Make-A-Wish, ate some cookies, enjoyed a little Baileys in coffee and with our heads together we planned to make the system tighter and better. We hold these captains meeting year round, and not only do we gets things accomplished, but we have fun doing it. We all like each other, which is a bonus. The only drama involved would be the unusual and humorous antics that occur with a couple of us. Sometimes I wonder if these "meetings" could get planned just for the sake of the visit...... all works for me. At any rate its productive.
Its a sad reason we do this (is what I tell the schools and media), but gosh these gatherings are fun! "and If its not fun, then why are we doing it?" is my motto.
About this time of year I lean heavily on our captains and rely daily on my amazing project coordinator (I call her Nicki..., or honey - when I'm being high maintenance in my lengthy task lists).
My oldest daughter and I have a role reversal at this time, she watches for the twitches and tail spins, and now will look after the stylist area. My second oldest keeps the dog pink and occupied at the shop. Good thing thay help out at home ensuring my Visine and Preparation H (FOR MY EYES) is removed from pockets and does not get laundered, supper is prepared - does not include chocolate, chores are done, Mom has matching socks, fly check - yep its UP, car keys located in fridge again, glasses are on face and phone in hand as I run out the door (usually 3 times) in my disheveled state of panic.
Hugs are plentiful and patience in place as they know its temporary.... or at least this is what they choose to believe to get though the Massacure season.
Yes, I feel blessed for the support. With Alzheimer's awaiting in my genetic future, I need all the help I can get, and this is great practice for them.
I want to end this little blip (which went away on me again - supposed to be about the captains meeting...) with a huge thank you to all that support me and my little quirks, my vision for the cause, and my state of well being at this time. Karma will find you and bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment