Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas too...

Ah Christmas…

I’ve been woken up the last few mornings about an hour earlier than my alarm clock would go off… then I run into the bathroom to shower as quick as possible as the house heats up for the morning… then I run to get dressed in the warmest clothes I can wear to work and still look professional… then I run to my car and start it, then run around my car to brush it off… then I wait in my car while it warms up enough so I can get it into gear (I’m hoping for a new car from Santa.. hint hint).. then just as I start to warm up, I park my car and run across the street into the office.

You’d think with all this running, I would be in fabulous shape – and I should be. Except everyone keeps bring fresh baking to the office – which I would be rude to refuse to sample (It's a hard life..) and the fact that I’m wearing a million layers (plus my new John Deere scarf and tuque set!) and so ladies and gentlemen… I have a proposition to make.

I propose that we should switch Christmas to June 25th. People can enjoy a “White Christmas” by traveling to the very North, or very South, and sometimes, Edmonton. Imagine how Christmas shopping would be when you don’t mind walking across 3 overflow parking lots to get to your car with arms full of presents. It’s fine – It’s plus 25C!

And if the reason we celebrate Christmas in December is because teachers need a break – I’m still for it! I need the break too. A nice break in Mexico perhaps…


I also think that if we spread Tammy’s “Christmas Cheer” around maybe there would not be so many people trying to escape Edmonton at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment