Monday, February 8, 2010

Chocolate

So.... after writing my blog on the weekend I was emotionally wiped. How would a single 42 year old chocoholic coffee lover respond to that situation anyway? I was entitled....
I have been a good girl obeying strict instruction of my acupuncturist (no coffee / sugar / chocolate cause that makes me more tired) BUT she lets me have chocolate once a month (if you know what I mean), it was once a month.....and I think I burned 2 inches of fat off my lap anyways with the heat of my macbook. I could have fried an egg on the bottom kinda like non invasive Smart Lipo. I do think my legs have shrunk a bit in the last 2 months since the kids complained that I spend too much time in my office. SO I ignore them from the couch at night with my laptop instead. Thats ok, by next week I will not obsess so much and mix up their names when I say goodnight.
As I was saying....after the uproot of memories, I admittedly crept into the Valentines Day stash, then my van found it's way to brave the Timmies line up. "Double Double" in the voice from exorcist, my hair dishevelled and very tall like Marg Simpson (damn perm), and wild eyes like the boy raised by wolves. I just peeled the lid off and poured my coffee down like a pitcher of beer. Splattered the inside of my windshield and probably should have contained the belch until after my phone rang.
Dont tell Nicki any of this....
Today was an ok day. Mandy and I, and Gord picked up 3 huge loads of our killer HM toques and baseball hats all donated by Unicon Concrete. Man they are sweet lookin'. We brought them to Make-A-Wish and piled with the boxes of 450 donated volunteer shirts - also compliments of Unicon Concrete. They have been donating with significance to our cause for 5 years. Brett Desroches, the owner (and relative by marriage) has pinked for 4 years, his brothers, staff and family have participated as well. Amazing people! He is one of those sponsors that just gives kindly without hoops or expectations, much like the others that have joined our cause. All in it for the kids.
Last minute items are creating much stress. I worry something will be forgotten and then I will beat myself up forever about it. Nicki successfully plugging away with her "lists". One day I will conform, but the way I see it Alzheimer's runs in my bloodline and I want to strengthen the noodle while I still CAN. Now where were we?
Oh, last item. Does everyone out there have a loved one(s) that bring out "special feelings"?
The feelings that make us feel warm, but not fuzzy. I am sensing that this loved one might experience a sudden detox if they are not careful. Remembering that I am a Herbalist, I still have access to Eye of Newt. You will see a laxative blog in the next while if I decide to go through with my plan.
Makes me wonder why the ones we feel we should count on the most are not necessarily the ones that we can. I have met so many wonderfully generous caring people in these past 10 years, quite often just find us by the grace of God. I am so thankful for them.












1 comment:

  1. So to justify my "lists" as Tammy calls them - these are what makes sure that she doesn't forget things, because while she still thinks she has some memory left, and I tell her thatshe does, just so I can sneak off with her camera, her children, her dogs, her macbook.. and she doesn't even notice.. maybe it's the lack of coffee after all..

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete