Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kali's letter - see last post

Hi, I’m Kali MacDonald and I’m a leukemia survivor. I was diagnosed when I was 2, but it ended when I was 5. I lost my hair 3 times in the process, but I shaved my head when I was 8 and 9 years old. Now I’m growing my hair out so I can donate it. My family has been running this event in my honor since I was 3 years old. It’s a great honor to be the inspiration of an event with such a high profile. Because of the Stollery, I am here delivering this speech. So I thank the Stollery so much for that. And Make A Wish gave me a reason to fight harder by granting me a wish. We got to go to Disney world and pet Shamu. That was magic for my family and I. I’m very proud of my family, too. My dad for starting the Hair Massacure and pinking a lot (this will be his 6th year pinking.This will be his 8th year shaving), my mom for every thing she does for me, running the Hair Massacure, for daring my dad to go pink, and for shaving 4 times, and my older sisters for always being there for me and supporting and heling with the H.M . Kyrsti was the first girl to go pink, she shaved 5 times, and is now our youth volunteer coordinator. Meagan has been pinking a lot of heads because she’s a stylist, and Mandy keeps Fred pink because she’s a groomer. I would also like to thank every one who supports us, donates to us, volunteers or even helps us. I’d like to make a special thank you to the Oilers for helping, supporting, and even participating in the Hair Massacure. We never thought we would have the Edmonton Oilers participating because when we started, we only had 40 guys participating and we held it at Canada Post. So its pretty amazing to see how far we’ve come. Thank you so much. We couldn’t do this without you.

1 comment:

  1. It was so amazing to see the two girls up there speaking. Kali and Tory were so wonderful in expressing just what this event is all about. Good job ladies! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete