Thursday, February 11, 2010

Last day

Well folks, tomorrow!! I am changing the slogan to the Buzz in is my Head!". Three television
spots today, 2 of them being at James Mowat School in Ft. Sask.
I wish I had prepared myself for today. I had knowledge of the fact that this school had chosen the Massacure in honour of a child recently lost from cancer (hence their on-line name "Team Spensor"). What I didn't realize was that I knew him. Not that I feel the loss is more significant when you know who the person is, but it just hits closer to home. Last year at the Massacure Spensor came in with his little friend who was fundraising a TON of money in his honour (5,000 going door to door). I have many pictures of him being interviewed by Chris Sheetz. Both boys were bald but it was evident who had the cancer.
Today his parents were at the shave with their twins and grandmothers. It was heartbreaking to see them strap on their game faces as they cheered on the kids and smiled at the crowd cheering back at them. What strength. Really, I have no idea what I would do in that position.
My heart goes to every parent who has lost their child to this disease. IT HAS TO STOP.
Tomorrow, I too will have a game face - many faces as there are so many kinds of extreme emotions at this event. It's rejuvenating and exhausting at the same time, but at the end of the day it always goes back to LOVE. I hope you will join us in our cause and help support our kids. One million - still my wish......


No comments:

Post a Comment