Thursday, November 19, 2009

pink gerbils

Today we had our monthly ex com. meeting today at Make-A-Wish. This group consists of myself, the President and Executive Director of Make A Wish, Senior Manager & manager of special events at Stollery, my project coordinator (Nicki) and Gord MacDonald (founder).
These monthly meetings ensure that everything is on track, sufficient support in place for me, for the event, and provides full knowledge to the charities about what's going on.
It's very good in that it keeps me from encouraging pet stores to sell pink gerbils (I tend to get carried away sometimes...).
Usually I bake cookies the night before, but as I shared in my blog yesterday, I am off of sugar. I didn't think they would appreciate apricots, but Nicki clued in and brought cookies. Good thing I brought my laptop instead of a note pad - if you salivate (which I did), it's easy to wipe off.
Well, with that I'll call it a night. Think I'll go munch on a fig or chew on a liquorice root. Till tomorrow...ta ta.


No comments:

Post a Comment