Friday, November 13, 2009

getting started

Hi. I am FINALLY doing this - thanks to the encouragement of my good friend Nicki (who's chuckling away as she sips on her Chiller from Second Cup). Nicki is my project coordinator this year (and volunteer / photographer of past years). WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT HER! I - as most are aware am the driven Mom for the Hair Massacure. We are a family run, high profile fundraising event benefiting children in Northern Alberta (and Ottawa) with life threatening illnesses. This was all inspired by our youngest daughter Kali (now 11) and initiated by her dad (Gordon MacDonald). Gordon ran the St.Valentine's Day Hair Massacre for 3 years while he worked at Canada Post. Our 2003-2005 events took place at the main plant and were all televised. I took over for the 2006 event (at WEM) and have been twitching ever since. Check in to hairmassacure.com for further information about our event. I have been wanting to do this blog for a while now, but did not have the time or brain capacity to do so. One tends to run themselves ragged and by the end of the day may not even remember that they shaved an Oiler's head or waxed a Clodhoppers chest or pinked a member of the RUSH. Today is my commitment to writing everyday. I felt this might offer some insight to the makings of this event to those who have been touched by it.
I am beginning this blog with a warning that I will likely jump allll over the place, so try your best to keep up! I wont bore you with mundane tasks or an accounting of how many times I twitched in a day. This is simple - what stuck out that day, I will write about (even if it was nothing - similar to a Seinfeld episode). I hope you enjoy and would appreciate your comments!

Cheers,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment