Friday, November 27, 2009

Quiet Kali

For anyone who knows my daughter Kali (the inspiration behind the Hair Massacure - the reason for my chaotic life...), they would know her to be shy and extremely quiet. Out of concern, I invited her to take acupuncture with me (feeling that her Chi would be boosted). I felt this would help her become more assertive, vocal, spirited (much like she was before her diagnosis and treatment). Our acupuncturist was on the same page, so treatment began 4 weeks ago.
It's definitely working..... her wood element is engaged. I think our next treatment may entail finding an off switch. She's now 11 and for the first time I am asking her to be quiet, stop bugging, and take a pill (which is kinda funny...). I am learning to tune her out like any normal parent would with a noisy child. I am thinking that if I let her play with the Kali Bear at home, she will be quiet (he is not supposed to talk), and I wouldn't be surprised if Santa brings her an IPOD for Xmas. Even as I struggle with writing this piece, I am using my acquired karate skills of "blocking out distraction" to deal with the incessant chatter and non-human noises in the background. The dog is looking at me for help, and I don't even notice our annoying bird anymore. I guess things could be worse.... she could be too sick to talk.
That's my little tidbit for the day. Have a wonderful Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment