Friday, November 20, 2009

A Hat

I wish to have a really cool hat. Perhaps this will define me...much like that muppet with the gold teeth and the top hat....what's his name??? I am thinking if I had a great hat then I will stand out amongst the many hundreds of people at the event (Ice Palace). Maybe striking on television? Lord knows, I am not easy to spot. "Oh...just look for the tall one, or the hot - well endowed one, or the skinny one in the hot pink sequence gown".... yah.....so off to WEM we go. Cool hat shopping. I dislike shopping. Seems like when I do find opportunity to shop I have a pink dog with me, or one of my girls has menstrual cramps, Kali has leg cramps, or hunger prevails and then we just go home. I really need this hat. So, I bring my girls with me for support and advice. Then I leave with a big "L" on my forehead. Apparently I look funny in most hats. That's ok, it warms my heart to see them so happy. Their smiles and giggles....all at my expense, mind you.
Today we killed two birds - one stone. Leaned on some support from Apple (Kyrsti and I wish to learn how to make H.M. videos), and then shopped. I really preferred to shop for a coffee and a brownie, but I chose to behave.
I'm thinking if I choose a really tall hat, I can hide my hair up inside and no one will notice that it's still on my head. I think I will retire from shaving. Not that it's a bad thing, I have done this 4 times, and my girls have asked me to not do this again. We had a family photo this year, first time in 8 years that we all had hair. My oldest (whom I fear...) is a stylist and she now officially owns my head. She's say "no!" it's no!
So, I will continue me search for a hat and hope my new image does not result in smiles and giggles.


No comments:

Post a Comment