Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gettin close...

Its been a trying past few days since the heavy day on Monday. Our hearts go out to our karate family who had been hit hard by cancer.
It never ceases to amaze me how small communities come together, for all occasions but particularly when adversity strikes. Our Karate family is as tight knit as our Massacure family - we take care of our own and this makes me very proud.

Monday's shock resulted in attempted recovery on Tuesday. Tuesday was yucky and difficult, spilling into yesterday (not so bad) and today which has been a whirlwind of glitches, deadlines and issues... how do I get this body to stop twitching?
I dragged my sorry something to karate and taught a couple of classes, worked up a good sweat and seriously felt better. Hernia didnt bubble, so were golden. Back to class I go!

Consequently here are a few positive moments (besides class) that I'd like to share with you.

In this past 2 weeks we have had 5 salons approach us and ask to be involved. Being we are a non-soliciting group, this was like hitting Gold. Meagan, Mel and I very pleased to say the least.

Speaking of gold... a new school contacted me late last night. After a scramble to bring them a presentation (today), I was able to unload the last 100 pledge packages that I had in my possession. The children demonstrated deafening screams as Fred and I entered the gym.. guess they liked it.

Nicki, in a panic to find poly for our hair area, acquired a new sponsorship - Totem!
They had asked why we haven't approached them before and were thrilled to be involved.
Look for pink hard hats (and orange trousers) at the event - they will be there!

Saw my pink dog hit the Edmonton Journal. Heres the link:
http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/animalattraction/archive/2011/01/29/in-the-pink-fred-the-poodle-ready-for-annual-hair-massacure.aspx

Paul Kane High School (St.Albert) surprised us as they paired up with Leo Nickerson Elementary to pink the students in their cosmetology lab.
http://www.stalbertgazette.com/article/20110128/SAG0801/301299997/st-albert-starting-to-turn-pink

Our friend Paul Liimatainen offered a pleasant surprise with the news of his 5,000 donation he solicited on our behalf.
This is the same gentleman that rounded up the team K3 for the kids - at Keephills and raised 74,000 (with Paul's personal contribution of 25,000 in pledges). Paul is an inspired Pink grandpa who's been involved with us for 4 years.

Then there's Darcy...
I hear from Darcy Ouellet at least once everyday - he is the superhuman gentleman who is heading up Red Deer Massacure at Bower Shopping Center this Saturday.

Back in May, Darcy held a smaller event right in the front area at Costco. He raised over 35,000, and 8 months later this man is back at it again with unleashed enthusiasm.

Darcy has interesting news everyday for me. Something he had donated, someone he inspired, a new school, a new salon, a new radio station... reminds me of me a few years ago before workload took over the excess energy.
Tomorrow I will wash and load my billboard with toques, bears and event supplies in preparation of Red Deer.

We have one week left folks.
If I am correct about my procrastination theory (where most folks perform best under pressure), we should have one last influx of inspired participants (who've been pondering involvement), donors fulfilling promised pledges, and maybe - just maybe more unexpected sponsorships that will help us get over that million.










No comments:

Post a Comment