Saturday, January 22, 2011

TGISaturday

So you know those days.... the days where nothing is going wrong per say but it just takes you three times longer to do something than any other day. That was me yesterday.

It stated off by trying to put my boots on..more than once. I was on the phone, and trying to put them on at the same time (don't shake your head - I'm a woman I think I can multitask) after realizing that I was trying to put them on the wrong feet I waited until I hung up to try again, unfortunately my cell rang again as I grabbed my left boot and then proceeded to try to put it on my right foot. Again! After the second time I conceded that it was going to be a one thing at a time kind of day.

I'm driving to my first meeting with Tammy at West Edmonton Mall when I finally put my phone down. Now I'm almost there, and for those who don't know - I normally put my phone in between my legs when driving (not as weird as you'd think - but think twice before borrowing someone else's cell...) and I feel a little cold. I realize that the plastic on my phone cover is actually touching my leg where I should have pants. So now my day is full of meetings and I have a hole in the thigh of my pants. Great. Well... it's kinda the crotch of my pants. Even better.

Get to West Ed and met with Tam - who didn't have any mishaps with peeing on things today - PHEW! and the meetings went well. Met with Brandi, went over the ice surface - that's all good. We all went to Make-A-Wish and had our Executive meeting, which went good... so the day is shaping up .

I then try to head over to Gologo to pick up a sweatshirt... and please remember that I'm back to being on the phone for the next hour and a half solid... I take a "shortcut" because this long way is crazy with traffic... run into a dead end. So I do a couple quick "well that looks like a real road" and take those until I hit an actual main drag. Just get to Gologo and realize that the building is empty. The only thing in there is some paint and a ladder... Tammy tells me that they've moved. Oops. Guess since I'm ten minutes late and at the wrong location, that I'll pick it all up on Monday.

Get back on the phone - and the road - and head to meet my dad for supper. Im running late due to traffic, and then as I get out of the car.... oh look there's ice, so I've already chipped one of my new bright pink nails. Darnit! I love falling in the middle of parking lots. ARGH!

The rest of the night was supposed to be filled with checking email, changing passwords, and the like, except my typing skills had completely left me and it was taking a half hour to write a two minute email. Needless to say, I quit early and went to bed.

Thank goodness that today is already shaping up to be a bit easier...

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! Well arent we two pees in a pod. Did not misspell that, one day you too might pee on your scarf. It happens.
    I but on 2 different boots again, after talking about it yesterday! Boo ya!
    Thats how we roll.....

    ReplyDelete