Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reasons....

This week was another twitcher. No posts due to procrastination, however I am here now an in a state of sheer emotional exhaustion and yet I feel compelled to write. This is why...

I watched a video today, sent to me by my adopted son Dusty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pHISnIj2Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player.
It gave me that extra burst of drive to get me through these next 2 weeks of insanity. This video (which I encourage you to please watch) was created by a cause in B.C that benefits young cancer patients.
The talented young lead singer herself is a survivor - very compelling, very sad and highly motivating for me when I reach that exhausted state.
Not to mislead you, my love for the event is not to be confused with my level of endurance. Sometimes our children make us tired too, yes even exhausted - but we still love them.

Sometimes we need a little something that offers us the strength to get across the finish line.
For me, consistently when I reach this state, God sends me reminders...

I received news today from a good friend who's also quite involved with the event.
As I received the phone call, I felt an unusual surge of tears trying to force their way out (I say unusual because I typically dont cry as I have trained myself in the most unhealthy and unnatural manner to choke them back).
Hearing the words Leukaemia is difficult enough, however when applied to a friend or loved one, its unbearable.
I will be making a visit tomorrow to the U of A hospital for 2 reasons.
1 - to visit my friend.
2 - to take Kali to her Oncologist to have a lump in her armpit checked.

Kali was hesitant to show me this lump as she knew this would stress me, especially after the news of my friend and watching the video.
Honestly, I feel that I could throw up right now, so I focus on writing and it seems to help.

It will be a long night until morning hits, the only thing that will sooth the situation is that its probably a little cyst (for Kali) BUT this does not make me feel any better about my friend.
Going to the hospital will typically set me back for days. I dont have days to set back - the push is NOW and the event is next Friday.

My focus to this point is two things: Raise over one million dollars and pray that everyone involved is happy.


Real quick update this week:

Monday - Bought wedding dress for daughter. Returned ladder to Canadian Tire....
Primeau in school pinking. Lots of fun but I was a little disappointed that Emily would not let me pink her Sheltie, boasted about my creative "pinking" to stylist daughter (Megs).
Tuesday and Wednesday - more twitching, damage control, stocked a staff member at Stollery, recharging Iphone halfway through the day, eating Baileys liquor chocolates, pacing,
excessive gum chewing, re-pinkings, and bad driving (in billboard).
Thursday - school presentation in Devon. Brought Pink Dog, shocked entire school, Kinehan family shared their story. Daughter with pneumonia.
Friday - Billboard needed brakes (back in November actually....) workday with Nicki and Brandi at Starbucks (our office last year) and picked up toques from Unicon Concrete to bring to Make-A-Wish. Hernia not happy....
Saturday - Pinking at Save-On Foods. Pinked Collin Parker (our sponsor for Johnsonville and distributor for Kali Pink) pink tipped my girlfriends sister (LONG LONG hair).... who I will make MY friend too.
Flat Weazie and Flat Christie in attendance - obviously NOT a dull moment there. Laughed to much, hernia still unhappy. VERY motivated employees at Save-On. Really cool....

Today.... just sad, and tired.




2 comments:

  1. Sending you all the love and support we can Tam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Prayers are coming your way my friend, know you are not alone and don't forget to reach out when YOU need a lift.

    ReplyDelete