Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Pink Takeover

Well, I've been here a month now and PINK is taking over my life! I think I'm even dreaming in pink...

I don't want to be the first one to state a countdown, so I won't. But suffice it to say that momentum is growing and we are closer to Feb 11 than not :)

I love watching this campagin grow. Every time I'm in a school there are a few pink heads. And then a few more. And even a young man at the bowling alley last week. It's taking over the whole region.

I've now made it through the pink kick-off, the volunteer orientation, two school presentations, one school pinking, my OWN pinking, my kids' pinking (that was fun), and am anxiously awaiting my first Board meeting and an onsite meeting at the mall tomorrow. I have met stylists, captains, survivors, sponsors, and FRED. They're all great - though most are not quite as cute as FRED (sorry). I have answered a few dozen emails aboaut registering online, how do I donate my hair, and where do I find the pledge package? I have been able to be there for the announcement of two great incentives for schools and teams. I can feel the excitement and energy growing on a daily basis.

Tammy thinks I am mere days away from the "twitching" but the truth is, I love it. Yep, there's LOTS to do. Yep, there are fires to put out and stuff to figure out. Yep, it seems like there aren't enough hours in the day, but when I see how pink is taking over everywhere I look, I know we are doing alright. Our message is getting out there, and we're going to be GREAT!!

Are YOU pink yet?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandi

    Just turned PINK last Thurs. WOW. Never thought it would look like it did.

    My daughter Lauryn Stubbs, has been cancer-free for 3 yrs and I really dont know what we would have done without close friends & family including the Stollery people & MakeAWish people.

    Great event, great fun. Cant wait to get shaved. Was bald for 2 yrs with my Lauryn.

    Oh YEa. Cant wait til the Feb14 when I share our story at my eldest daughters school. They are doing a mass schoolwide headshave at SBS.

    Have a great week, everyone.
    Marty

    ReplyDelete