Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Week back

I have officially survived my first week back from a short leave due to health issues back in December.
Admittedly I was concerned with how I would manage my this first week in January (considering the pace and chaos that erupts immediately after Christmas break). Well, I did, and actually I feel pretty good compared to one month ago.
While Nicki, Brandi and Darcy Ouellet (Red Deer Massacure) dealt with 101 items, my week went something like this....
Adrenaline Monday morning 8:00 am - emails and phone calls flooded in and out as I scrambled to get ready. Put eye liner on one eye and picked Kyrsti up from school for 2 volunteer meetings. Slipped on 2 different boots and attempted to leave my house 4 times that morning.
That evening, calls to volunteers - Jaime Caza (our new volunteer coordinator) and Kyrsti touched base with all volunteers that had contact information.
Tuesday Meagan pinked my hair so I'd be ready for the pink off on Monday. Phone stuck to face entire time, daughter patiently prepping me while I worked on my little black prosthesis called IPhone.
Wednesday - morning meeting prior to 2 school presentations. Tried to dazzle V.P. with my "plan of action", leaned real hard onto the arm of my chair (to create the illusion of comfort) and fell off. Note to self - check future chairs for arms.
Met a friendly girl who knew the 3 girls on my van. Her mom is dying of cancer. Did a web cam presentation, transitioned into deer in headlights, said "um" a hundred times. Distracted by the girl. Had a really nice visit with my friend Christie who has the BEST stories about her oldest daughter Rayne. We were both burnt that night but motivation drove us to each other as we compared notes of our bodily and personal disfunctions. Christie did her first school presentation and rocked it out.
Thursday had a Kali Pink meeting with Collin. All Kali Pink in place in Save On Foods (including 2 in Red Deer) and 4 Sobeys thanks to this nice man. Stollery was my next date. Hadnt been to the charities in a while so it was nice to touch base there and see my peeps. Next week Make-A-Wish.
Adrenaline Friday more running around with prosthesis stuck to face. Left house 3 times.
My daughter Megs and son in Law Steven did deliveries to schools and salons, both spilling adrenaline. Our phone calls sounded like this "hey...yah... un huh... uh huh....kay...love you bye".
Answered and delivered 37 phone calls and 58 emails while on the fly.

Picked up hoodies from Go Logo for Monday's tv spot and raced for Morinville to PINK the dog (F.R.E.D) at Krazy Klipz (Fred's stompin ground) THE place to get a great groom.

In black clothes I made my way there with 6 bottles of food colouring, 2 spray bottles and coffees.
Mandy and I had a system - each of us with a blaster (high pressure blow dryer) and a spray bottle with diluted red food colouring. We sprayed and blowdried at the same time. Fred stood still for 3.5 hours while we accidentally turned him purple (perhaps the wrong mix), washed him out, panic called Melynda for extra set of pink hands, and voila!
As much as Fred drives me crazy, he really is a great dog. He also knows he's pretty and soaks up the attention particularly after a groom.
With pink hands and face, I dropped off pink splattered daughter and pink dog and made my way through a snowstorm to meet my friend Tina (whos in charge of our merchandise). Even with a hernia, I was able to suck up half litre of a frozen lime margarita in what seemed like 5 minutes (neither of us drink...).
Today - slept in (ahhhhh) and woke to a 3 ft snowdrift on deck against back door. Wiener dog looking worried about where (or how) to pee. Kali and I frantically hip checked door until it opened, shovelled path off deck while wiener paced (wishing she could cross 2 inch legs).
Meanwhile a kind neighbour cleared my driveway with a snowblower so I could get out. Made cookies for neighbour and off to meet my friend Andrea who owned the late Paliden (our 3rd pink therapy poodle mascot seen at the Massacure). It was great to sip coffee with another woman who has ADHD worse than I.
I got everything she said. I was inspired by her and her energy, as I dream about getting all of my mojo back.
Tomorrow... I will pink my Mandy and my Nicki so we're good to go for Monday. From what the weatherman is saying looks like I will be shovelling again.
Touch base Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment