Monday, January 17, 2011

Neil M Ross

This morning we braved horrendous roads to attend a plaque presentation to Neil M Ross (our winning school - elementary - in St. Albert).

This particular school has always been a "thing" I do with my daughter Meagan.
Meagan insists on playing the Kali Bear (only for this occasion) while I chat up the kids. We have fun and the energy is quite high.

My daughter leans on the quiet / polite side... until she slips into a bear.
Like Jim Carrey in the Mask, she takes on special powers where all the rules fall out the window.
The many lectures I have received when my levels of immaturity surpass the last should be held against her as she pole dances at an elementary school or puts children into head locks.

The bears personality is crucial. He's a "he", determined that in 07 when I developed his personality at a RUSH game (what happened at the RUSH game stays at the RUSH game).
There are only a handful of us that can portray him as Dennis the Mennis with fur - its so much fun when its our turn. Every year I fight over him with all of my girls.

Back to Neil M Ross...
Brandy came out for support, camera around neck.
She's learning rapidly on this crash course and despite her many talents, I anticipate the twitching will eventually find her.

The kids at the school were pumped and again we were greeted with screaming. Gotta love that.
Meagan forewarned me that IF I announce again to the kids "where my daughter works" (to pink their hair) she would hurt me. Apparently she's already a little busy with pinkings.

Whether this school reaches top fundraising again (as they set the bar pretty high) is irrelevant.
The fact that they are still wanting to support (after 3 years) is really meaningful.
The kids genuinely love the event.

Had a nice little visit with Brandi and Meagan (after loosing them in St.Albert),
then a trip to Megs salon where I lost at least a pound of hair to her scissors.

Years of bleaching and pinking eventually caught up and the decision was made - I looked like an old witch.
Combine witch hair with bloodshot bags under eyes... not cute.
If only Preparation H worked on pink straw. Next to shaving (which is NOT an option or she will for sure seriously hurt me with wedding coming up) was the next best thing.
Tomorrow, Pinking at Sturgeon Heights school.
Talk to you soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment