Thursday, January 20, 2011

Commercial

Today I attempted again to take the morning off to find a state of zen before our trip to CTV to shoot a psa kindly donated by the station.
What silly portion of my brain thinks this is possible?
This is day 3 where I notify Nicki and Brandi that I need a day. Seems relatively simple - just shut off my phone and stay away from the computer. At this point, the price of the step away is far greater than daily twitch is what I'm thinkin'.

The building (CTV Globe Media) is a familiar place in January for Kali and I as we do our yearly noon hour interviews, or radio spots on the Bear, or Easy Rock.
Today we had a Kyrsti in tow. I opted out of the commercial as I felt the kids could knock that out of the park (14 takes later they did).
Kyrsti was a natural up there, no surprise. Kali, tentative - eventually overcame deer-in- headlights. Erin Isfeld and Maria Orydzuk demonstrated much encouragement and patience for the gir.... uh Kali. I could not help but wonder if Kyrsti was in her niche (media), although she seems to have many niches - this one fit so well it was almost a premonition.
Kali has had media in her life for the last 10 years. What would seem like "old hat" to her is not necessarily the most comfortable. I still believe its a genuine humbleness, and thats not a bad thing.

We were all treated very well, it was so nice to feel the support in the building - Maria in particular (who's lovely), showed a level of investment in us and our cause - it surprised me.
Erin is absolutely flawless in presentation, yet quite done to earth.
I wondered how she'd deliver a speech in my environment (belching dog, hair clippings in bra, random kindergarden shout outs, farting dog, falling zipper, mall chaos, pinking distractions, Fred nurturing himself) ..... my thoughts today were - with perfection.

After editing and approval, CTV will air the clip until the event. Next week Kali and I will come in for an interview at noon. Kali wont blink and I will fidget. Wonder what Kyrsti will be doing?
Thank you CTV for the great promotion.



No comments:

Post a Comment