Friday, April 30, 2010

Red Deer Massacure

So guess what?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105928922784360&ref=search&sid=660921997.66735779..1&v=info

Red Deer is hosting its first Hair Massacure, which will be managed and whole heartedly supported by Costco out there.
Late January a nice man contacted me (Darcy). We had found out about us and was toying with the idea of duplicating the event in Red Deer. He had educated himself a bit about us first, and had been following my blog, became intrigued.
The man does his homework and had already inquired with Stollery and Miracle Network to see if his company (Costco) could support this without conflict (as they already support the Children's Miracle Network in the Miracle month of May). We talked on the phone for a bit and then I realized the only way for him to understand a Massacure, he would need to be in the midst of one - so I invited him to cone out Feb 12. I knew this would make it or break it.
He came, with an associate. He looked like a boy in a candy shop at the event, and his wheels started to turn.
For the past few weeks, Darcy has become a human sponge absorbing every detail I could throw at him. I'm not sure what vitamins he takes, but I want some!! I also wonder what his wife's understanding is about how this is going to change her life. I thought back to the days when an enthusiastic Gord ran around like a maniac, and I thought he was nuts. This was HIS baby. Back then I was not so involved and had dug my feet more than offered to help. All I knew was that it involved chaos and I was still dealing with Kali's treatments and my support group so could not handle more on my plate. Oh, how things change..... I would have never thought I'd see this day.
Anyway, Darcy thinks big too and wants to raise a ton of money his first year. I believe he will. The pinking campaign starts tomorrow and he has over 250 signed up already! Yikes! Darcy has already hit the schools and has 2 Academies, Chatters and various salons on board.
Kyrsti, Kali and I will go out to the Pinking at Marvel College.... and it starts all over.
I havent yet recovered from the last one..... yes, this is an admission - but at the same time kinda compelling.
The sweetest thing about this one is that Costo is behind it. Many of their staff are already pink, and they are running our 2010 video at the front (making customers cry and take home a pledge package). They will take the pledge money at the tills (on the day of - May 29) and the shave will take place in the parking lot during the Show ' n Shine. How slick is that?

I think Darcy is now realizing that he's in trouble. He's hooked and his life will soon resemble mine, if this thing takes off and heads south. His heart obviously rules... I'm very proud to know this man is representing us.
I wonder if he needs a pink poodle? Oh Frrrrrreeed......





No comments:

Post a Comment