Friday, April 30, 2010

Million Dollar Massacure!

Well folks, we did it!!
Today as of 12:30 pm, we can officially refer to ourselves as a "Million Dollar Event".
Funny story.... but not really.
Last week I had a small "girlie" celebration for Nicki with some of the wonderful captains that worked closely with her, as it was her last week with me. :(

During our gathering on the patio at Earls, Jaime Caza surprised us with "THE" cheque from McDonalds (for the sale of paper Kali Bears) totalling 12,000. Weeeeeee!!!! Our math determined that THIS cheque had put us just over. I KNEW that Jaime had pushed for this cheque to come before our year end on April 30. Gotta love my friend.... Christie Peters announced (rather boldly) our totals and we toasted to it. Gotta love her too!
For a few days I was secretly dancing a jig over the good news until I was informed that we were misinformed about the final total.
Of course I resumed the fretting position and developed a couple more wrinkles (one for THAT, and one for the many glitches around our school concert next week).
Every night this past week I pulled out the whale sounds, passionflower, St. John's Wort, Lavender, the new puppy and Pepto Bismal to help me deal with my spinning world.
None of that helped anyways... in fact the puppy is causing me to consume more pepto, so yah.
This morning all I could think of was year end and that we've been skunked. According to accurate calculations we were 1,200 away from 1 M.
The 3 cheques we were expecting to come this week had not arrived. I was praying that today the postman would bring great news.
I decided to tend to other matters involving year end and asked the school who did our banners for us (MCHS) to please invoice me today for the cost as I had to hand it in before 4:30. They of course gave me a great deal, but above that surprised me with 1,000 dollar news (they had a cheque for us that they had fundraised in the coin well). Yipeeee!!!! I was all giddy, my legs went weak...... until they realized the cheque was not signed and I could not take it with me until next week when the principal returned from out of town.
So I dragged myself into Make-A-Wish hopeful that the mail included those cheques. They did not.
4 1/2 hours away from year end and we did not hit it. How could we get that close? I almost felt sick.
I loaded my van with pink hair colour for tomorrows pinking event in Red Deer to distract my disappointment. Meanwhile and a man walked into the office. He was from City Pro and dropped off an envelope containing 1,600. All of us at the office squealed and jumped, - it was like WE had personally won the lottery! 4 hours away and we did it!!
Meanwhile Nicki is on a well deserved vacation and completely unaware that after we hit it, we didnt, then we did again! She missed the stresses of this week, she missed the glitches with the concert, and I am so glad.
I will be publicly announcing our good news through CISN and all forms of media next Friday, so stay tuned.
Now, I have a new thing to worry about. Thats my silly promise to become "influenced" by liquid strength. Way back I made a statement that I was going to tie one on if we ever hit the million. (Haven't done this before). Feeling fairly safe about my statement (due to Haiti) I did not see this day coming, but now it's here and my peeps think this is quite funny and exciting. I'm kinda nervous, as I am not 18 anymore and way past that, but I cant get out of it so it should be interesting.
Nicki my dear.... hurry back!! We have some celebrating to do!!





No comments:

Post a Comment