Monday, April 19, 2010

Back from a break

Hi folks,
took a bit of a break with the kids and it was wonderful.
Kali's battle actually offered something as it took something, this was knowledge.
I learned more from that experience than everything else that has followed ever since. My senses feel heightened and my head is no longer in the clouds.... sort of speak (unless I am driving, karate class, dance....). My point being we are "living".
We all went away for a much needed holiday and I have to say that this was the very first time I left work and communication at home. I was without phone service, GPS, and internet (for the most part) and despite how I thought I would react in that situation (as this was NOT planned), I actually enjoyed the freedom very much. It was opportunity to just soak up my time with the girls (cause as we all know - this flies by very quickly - kids growing up and then away....).
Our idea of a get-away is NOT lying on a beach or a cot by a pool. It's exploring God's land - seeing, experiencing, taking in everything unlike our version of the norm.
There is a whole world out there that I would give everything to see and show them- and my girls all share this. Any given opportunity, I'll take it.
I put myself into a corner by promising to take them somewhere, and then I dedicate myself to honouring that promise. Nerve-wracking but it always works out. I will keep doing this for as long as they comply. My oldest (Megs) and I have a deal (our yearly mother - daughter get away) it is coming next month and I am so looking forward to it. Those precious moments that you cant get back - take them while you have a chance.
From what I have seen over the years, I realize how important opportunities are, as life can be very short.
Now I'm back. A little out of sorts, but back to the grindstone now preparing for another Massacure in Red Deer (in May) and finishing up our year end.

This is my last week with Nicki (until Nov 1st). I will miss her very much. She is a real pleasure to work this closely with. Now she will go to another boss (Lori) who will fire her everyday (as I did) for enduring various "age" comments. We have a perfect arrangement - Edmonton Queen (Riverboat): spring - fall, Massacure: fall - spring. We both love her and I think we are pretty darn lucky.
Nicki, enjoy your holiday coming up. Last day Friday. You did an amazing job kiddo! Thank you for the best year EVER.

PLEASE get back on the plane and come home.......


No comments:

Post a Comment