Tuesday, April 13, 2010

it's coming to that time...

KLEAN UP - and yes, I’m purposely making it more exotic by spelling it with a “K” – is a little depressing, although I am sleeping more… - but just think, I won’t be sitting at my desk, with maps of the rink, school contact information, news articles with the Rush all around me. I won’t be living in my car (poor Marjorie!), where the passenger seat, back seat and trunk are all filled with pink dye, Kali Bears, touques, baseball caps, and a spare change of clothes… or two, or the extra signs, or the extra pair(s) of comfortable pink shoes... Nor will I be talking to Tam 2 or 3 or 20 times a day.

Yes, I will be running around like a madwoman (no comments please) at the Edmonton Queen Riverboat (insert shameless plug here), doing info tours with school kids and taking money from old people.. I mean booking seniors’ tours. And spending a huge amount of time with my Goddaughter, which I can not wait to do!

But I am already missing the crazy number of emails and messages as I sit down at my desk after being away for... 2 hours. Or the voice of a child who has reached their goal and is looking forward to dropping it all off. Or the email of a frazzled teacher who’s kids passed even their expectations and now has more cash in their desk than they know what to do with. Or the many emails from people wanting to volunteer, or just even telling me what a difference this event has made in their lives.

At this point I have two weeks left to “klean up” and finish sorting photos with Tam, finish updating reports and procedures, and finish up ideas and meetings regarding next year. PHEW! I feel like I should be hussling, but I’m honestly putting some of it off. I know that writing procedures is not my strong point, but I figure that if I never do them, I’ll never improve. Or at least that’s the idea... even though I’m writing this rather than doing it…

Anyways, there are three people leaving the Stollery in the next few weeks, plus me, and I guess I’m a little sentimental about these past few months coming to an end. I look forward to switching things up and being back at the ship – and then coming back (if y’all will have me) in the fall. (but first... HAWAII!)

nick

1 comment:

  1. I'm missing you already Nicki..... :) I'll still call you 2 or 3 or 20 times a day.

    ReplyDelete