Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Good Friday has always left me with a sinking feeling, much like anyone else who shares the faith.
Even if you don't, there is always opportunity for reflection upon those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of mankind. The type of sacrifice that would alter the mindset of the masses and leave behind a deeper appreciation for a greater good, a higher power.
I think about how Christ, in his human form, foresaw the bigger picture and knew what had to be done in order to wake people up. I believe us humans need frequent reminding about the bigger picture as we get distracted about day to day living and tend to prioritize a lifestyle that may not be reflective of is really important. Avatar takes me to this place, best movie ever in my opinion. We as society are all guilty to some extent of becoming detached - some more than others. I think thats my whole point in todays blog - "detachment". This is what Christ (and all of the other great spiritual leaders) was trying to teach us - synergy and connection to spirit.
I think about the children (and adults) in my personal life that have suffered and or passed and how their journey made a huge impact on ours. I wonder if it was pre destined that some were to be that sacrifice in order to teach us about life?
Have a reflective Good Friday folks and a wonderful Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment