Saturday, March 20, 2010

12,000 away!

Ok, so this is where we're at folks! Only 12,000 away from 1 M.
Last year I had set my goal there not anticipating the crash in our economy. Still we managed to increase by 33,000, but this chic was humbled to say the least. I wished I had not opened my yap to all forms of media that "1 M was on it's way".....
This year considering Haiti and the economy still in need of recovery, I did not go there in my head and set my goal at 849,000 (our final total from last year). Dare I appear cocky twice in a row, I ate humility pills all year and NOW I am hit with a genuine surprise that we have made it this far. The money continues to trickle in - we are just so close it would be a shame not to hit it.
I have faith though because of past history over the last 4 years, outstanding money - there seems to be an average of 200,000 that rolls in after the event. It will roll in somhow.
We have until April 30 (our cut off) to collect the remaining 12,000. Anything after this date is applied to next year's total.
Then were gonna have a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment