Friday, December 23, 2011

Jaime's Gadgets

Something you would learn about me rather quickly is how much I love new gadgets. I love iPods and iPads and if my husband had not locked the shopping channel, I will believe that you NEED to boil eggs in little cups and all I need is one more hand blender. I love any kind of object that makes life easier. Why wouldn't I? Life as a working mom is busy and any little job means more time with my kids...lol...or my gadgets.

The problem I have is that the gadgets don't see to like me! I have had my computer crash more times than I can count, I think I may be on a list somewhere to mail viruses to me to see if they work! And they always do! So what did I do to combat this issue? I started learning how to back my files up, the problem with that is that I actually have experienced my back up files crashing! So, to be ahead of this I decide to back up my back up files...now I am so confused as to where the files are and even more confused than when my computer crashes!

Then there is the battery problem, I have spent more hours searching for chargers than the average person spends sleeping! I seem to run out battery power more often than any other person I know. I am quite confident my skin gives off a battery charge that helps to drain batteries! I have owned more cameras than your can imagine due to the fact that I have lose the chargers!

So, is it no surprise then when I get introduced to the world of the "Mac" computers I would suffer serious frustrations?? Thank god for Glen Peters and his super powers of fixing Jaime's computer issues...over and over and OVER again...I think when he hears a DING in the middle of the night he is now accustomed to to thinking, " what did she do now?"

So I finally get up and running and learn some cool tricks and decide, I need to own an iPad! There is this new wonderful gadget called, "iCloud"! Not only does it sound really cool, I am positive this will make my life so much easier! My hubby should have booked Glen for his duration of Christmas holidays before he decided this ipad would be the perfect Christmas gift for me!

Glen made plans to go home with his OWN family for Christmas and I am not sure I will be okay without my super computer fixing friend! So, in the 3 days I have owned this iPad ( we opened presents early in my house due to traveling for Christmas), Glen had to update my entire system on my Mac. His first mistake was sending me home With the computer installing as it was taking a really long time, but he was confident I could handle this and the system would walk me through what to do next! So, I thought I did that right, whew! Quite chuff with myself I decide, I am on fire and I can handle updating the new iPad, then set up the cloud! I discover late at night (cause that's when my computer crashing skills are the strongest) I have lost the capability in the upgrade to use microsoft word or excel files...problem..ALL MY FILES ARE WORD OR EXCEL!!!!

Again Glen hears the DING at 11:30 at night and replies back....again...What did you do????
I know this may sound spoiled but I know not to worry to much, because super Glen, I know, will get me up and running...again...and I am sure in the near future...again.

Thank you Mr. Super fixing friend for all your incredible patience....DING..I need help!

No comments:

Post a Comment