Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goin' to Grande Prairie

Yesterday Jaime and I ventured out to Grande Prairie to spread a little Massacure around. Neither of us had been there, the size of the city surprised us.

Prior to our early departure I updated my GPS to ensure that I would not get us lost (it pains me to say that being a trappers daughter did not influence my sense of direction).
Tracking my mileage, I realized that we travelled further within the town limits than travelling to it - GPS you are NOT my friend.
"Save On Foods" took us to a school, "Totem" took us to a residential area, "McD's" took us clear around the town - the long way, as did the hotel which lead us on a dirt road, and the "movie theatre" was 271 miles away.

Jaime became the navigation with her blackberry uttering verbal directions to a person with ADHD who is directionally challenged.

Meeting at Save On Foods went very well. We referred to ourselves as Divas of Massacure and the staff there seemed to be the perfect fit for us - they're nuts too :)
As Jaime spoke of sponsorship details, I drifted off into my phone in desperate search of every stupid picture I could find - a story HAD to be told.
Of course I had pics of various Save On events - my fav being "dudes in dresses" day.
Regional manager bearing his oranges (squeezed from behind) whilst wearing a pink dress and sporting pink hair. He just happened to be up there yesterday.... I needed to share.
Oh and here's one of an armpit shave, here is a hairy chest and check out this guys legs.....
An impressive hair donation, ya'll know Dawn Marie? I could have went on and on...

They are very excited to sell Kali Bears for their walls. I could not find the actual version of the bear - only the revised version where I defaced by adding braces and pimples. Kali wasn't hugely impressed, but I think they liked it.
Save On will also sell Kali Pink and hair extensions, following suit of the stores out here.

Next we hooked up with a friend Kalie, a high achieving charasmatic participant of Red Deer, now resident of GP. She became inspired by the concept, the story and my daughter - now compelled to share in new territory. I remember being mesmorized by how pink had complimented her face, then her hair came off - another wow.

After our enjoyable hook up with Kalie, the movie theatre beckoned us. We needed to decompress. The theatre that hosted Breaking Dawn did not have heat, over an above a draft that caused visible breath and ovaries to shrivel. My full visit to the mens washroom must have been influenced by hypothermia, we opted to change theaters.

Over late supper Jaime's name was dropped and recognized (from her previous career) by a young man who revered her in the highest honor. We all agreed with him that she is very nice (for someone who so prominent). He proudly informed us that he knew her. She did not know him.
I have had this happen to me a few times. Most interesting to have a discussion about yourself with someone who apparently knows you.

Supper was eaten in the car, both of us still thawing from the theatre - unprepared to leave a heated car with a heated seat. Checking into the hotel was kinda fun.
Hotel staff assumed we were a couple. Resembling the movie - pale skin, blue lips, dark circles... we were Bella and Edward. Or maybe it was the discussion about sharing a bed and wanting a jacuzzi?

Hotel room was a tad chilly as well. At 4 am our lips were still blue, we both shivered off the calories we had consumed at supper. By morning - an epiphany.
The big space heater lured our bums over to have a seat atop a blasting surge of heat, Marilyn Monroe style. Did not want to leave our spot for a cold seat in the awaiting vehicle.

Off to Totem Building supplies. Lost and late, thanks G.P.S. (initials now have new application....)

Another success, more paper Kali Bears sold, and a concept launched as a result of a highly engaged participant Paul who's brain child became the pink hard hat campaign.
Speaking of brain child - Kali Bears originated in Jaime's brain years back when McD's launched that in their restaurants.
Now we have grocery, hardware, fast food and pubs selling these.
Kali baby, you are sure getting around.
The ride home was carefree, singing along to itunes and reading aloud Brandi's tweets, and blogs (which are developing some nice flavour and interest). Brandi darling - YOU ARE FUNNY.
Jaime you are a great travelling companion. Brandi you are coming next time!

Grande Prairie, we will visit you again.
Thank you for the enthusiasm and support!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no I am not! Told you, I did my time driving on that highway... Glad you had a productive trip :)

    ReplyDelete