Thursday, December 1, 2011

December!

Holy lightning! How did it get to be December already? I can't hardly believe it's been almost one full year since I joined this crazy team. I do recall telling Nicki to "bring it on - I can handle it". Well, they brought it, alright. And I'm still here.

These days the office (and by that I mean the phone, the email, the texting, meetings, running around) is buzzing. Literally. There are days when I don't think any of us stop to catch our breath. I suspect there are days when we forget to eat/drink/pee... Never mind - that's probably too much information :) I know for a fact there is some thumb-sucking going on in some houses these days.

We are frantically trying to learn the world of social media so we can keep up with Twitter and Facebook. Insert sarcastic "thanks Carmelle" here.There are some of us who don't quite like Twitter yet (me) but I am trying. This old dog can learn new tricks, she just isn't happy about it. Hey - maybe FRED should tweet for me! Some others are pretty good at it (Jaime) and some of us are afraid (Jaime and I) of what the other (Tammy) might tweet about! Follow us @hairmassacure to see if anything embarrasing gets said. Bets anyone?

So, I guess what I'm getting at is this: it's only December 1 and we already have 100 registered particiapnts, 16 teams, just over $10,000 raised, and we're just starting to hit the schools. This 10th Anniversary year is shaping up to be a pretty incredible machine.

If we can keep up with it, that is...

By the way, now that it's December, I can turn on my Christmas lights, right? YAY!!

Happy thoughts everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Brandi, I won't forget to eat! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Blog Brandi, oh and the pee thing - I can hook us up with catheters

    ReplyDelete