Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello Everyone from your new Project Manager

Hello Fellow Massacure Lovers!!!!

My name is Jaime Caza and I have recently joined the Massacure team as the new Project Manager. I am very excited to meet all of you! Although I have been around the Massacure for several years now and consider many of you really good friends! I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little about myself. I am married to my best friend Mike who I met when I was only 16, we have been together ever since. We are parents of three children, two dogs and one fish. My son Tyler is 14 , my daughter Kailey is 11, and our youngest daughter Sydney is 10. Our two dogs are Lisa, she is a 14 yr old retired greyhound, and Buddy our 4 yr old golden retriever, the fish.... has no name. I have been so blessed with a wonderfully supportive family and many very good friends. My favourite colour is purple and you will see me in this colour often (of course pink is a runner-up). I love McDonald's coffee (two milks thanks!) and I have not yet met a potato chip that I won't enjoy. I am not ashamed to admit that I am a "Twilight" fanatic and Taylor Swift's biggest fan.

Most importantly, I am so excited to join the Hair Massacure team and I can't wait to see you all at the event as we work towards the goal of this 10th Anniversary event being the biggest yet!


I would like to share my story of the first time I experienced the Hair Massacure. It was 2006 and I was working for McDonald's as the Community Relations Representative. We sponsored this event by providing some food for the volunteers and I wanted to go to the mall and check out the event. We had banners and many other obligations to meet regarding the event organizers and McDonald's. I was waiting for the kick off to begin and I was not sure what to expect. That is when I saw something so profoundly amazing happening, I knew INSTANTLY that this event would change me. This was the best I had ever seen . What I saw was hundreds of children supporting other children who were battling Cancer. This was such a beautiful way to help each and it took my breath away. Hundreds of pink haired children marched proudly towards the staging area ready to shave it all off. Boys and girls with long locks of hair , their teacher's and parents all pinked out and preparing to follow through on their commitment. I just couldn't believe they were shaving heads! It was fantastic! In unity they began, girls were braiding their hair to donate. The beautiful locks of blonde and brown hair would soon be wigs for children suffering with hair loss. What impacted me the most was all the pink heads and proud little faces. The school was bursting with energy and pride as they had raised an enormous amount of money to benefit charities. I knew on a personal level that I was joining in some how and I still thank God for that day.

How would I know then that this would eventually lead me down this path. I can assure you this impacted me to my core. Those adorable kids were not able remove their friends pain or help ease the sickness but, they WERE able to represent what cancer cannot achieve, no matter how strong it is … THE JOY OF BEING LOVED. That day during the Hair Massacure THE KIDS WON!

I am a Stollery frequent flyer Mom, I am Wish Mom and I have been first hand witness to what Ronald McDonald House does to help their families. My daughter has been a recipient for the charities and that gives me a first hand understanding of how important these charities are and a hunger to serve and build this event to its highest potential. Thank you to Tammy and Brandi who have really opened up their arms and embraced me. A special call out to Brandi who now has another ADHD brain to work with! HERE WE GO!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Another ADHD. And I signed up for this? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new role! You will do great! Let me know if you guys need help, we would love to participate again this year!

    ReplyDelete