Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hoofin' in in the malls

I was at WEM yesterday, had a date with Apple. Re-arranged my Saturday to account for some shopping time for the girls while I had my Iphone looked at.
Now I have to say, Apple has been very good to me in terms of quality of product and excellent customer service (free plug there Apple - hint hint)...
I braved the lengthy line-up only to discover that my phone was NOT with me... just as my name was called.
I can feel the beads of sweat collect under the hair line as I negotiate a plan of giving me 5 minutes to hoof it back to my vehicle to collect my device. Apple person seeming unimpressed grants me my 5 minutes and I barrel out of there like a quaterhorse galloping down the crowded halls of WEM, darting between shoppers like I was in an agility competition.

By the time I reach my vehicle (parked way to h - - down to tim buck two), Im so winded I could pass out but thats not an option for me so I proceed to hoof it back, only not so sturdy on my feet.
Im now back in the mall, gasping and weazing and staggering demonstrating a feeble attempt to effectively dart between the shoppers.
I'm so very close.... how could I have seen those little boys sharing a popcorn with all of that going on, focusing on my target. Popcorn in the air was the last thing I saw in my peripheral as I rounded the corner. I guess my purse might have slipped off my shoulder.... the good news is I made it.
Unable to communicate my issue with my technician, I fumble inside my purse to dig out my inhaler and in sign language proceed to indicate that my phone needs servicing. I will get a new phone on Wednesday.

Now Im thinking as I reflect back on this, its not the first time I have taken someone out whilst on the run in a store. I recall a jar of pickles shooting out of an elderly gentlemans hands like a torpedo in Safeway as I blew past him to the dairy section where I in fact caused a pregnant woman to drop a large yogurt as I skidded into base in to collect mine.

Years ago at WEM, I connected with an actor from North of Sixty (TV) rounding the corner near the HMV Stage, and again at WEM near the ICE Palace I knocked Wayne Gretsky's hockey bag clear off his shoulder. Being on the run, quite the inopportune time to apologize before asking for an autograph, I proceeded on.

At the Stollery, with Kali on 4th floor, I would run up and down the stairs as an ideal method of maintaining my karate figure. Eventually that stopped when I blew out the 2 doctors on my acceleration down the 2nd floor. Had they not had their lunch trays in hand I could have squeaked past them.
Then there was the time I face planted the mirrors in Kingsway, and the pole in the parking lot where I chipped my tooth....

So what is the point of this blog? And really what was my message about my last one - the cat?
Nothing profound. Just sharing a day or two in the professional lives behind HM.

No comments:

Post a Comment