Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting going

Jaime survived her first week with us and away from a very familiar McDonalds Corporate restaurants.
I knew that it was going to be an easy transition bringing in a project manager who was so well acquainted and knowledged with HM. I believe the level of training Jaime will receive will equal the learning we will receive from her (she's a bit of a firecracker).
Last December Miss Brandi - (aka - Secretariat) hit the ground running. (She's not so fond of her nick name but its true...) There is certainly no ease time with this event.

After these 5 punchy days, I reflected on my drive home Friday (from a lengthy session of torturous checklists, potential sponsorships and the implementing of heightened social media) I realized I had blinked in probably a good hour.

I believe we acquired 2 new sponsorships this week. I wont reveal yet until confirmed but my insides are all squiggly. After a successful exciting event, I go through a period of shock or disbelief (likely because Im used to jumping through a million hoops first).
Dont sleep, want sugar, no blinking, somewhat catatonic - really messes me up until I process my excitement.

The last sponsorship meeting was with a social media company. It was Friday mid morning and Brandi had previously put us to task combing over the pledge packages.
Anyone that knows myself (and Jaime) knows that we have a limited attention span on just one item, so Brandi was put to the challenge to keep us focused.
It was Friday and I was in a Tammy mood. Luckily I met another crazy like myself (lets call this soul sister, ummm Carmel), and it was awesome that she got me, otherwise it might not have worked out.
Friday afternoon was all checklists, oh I no like those dreadful things.
I entertain myself by counting the 'looks" over the glasses received from Brandi.
On the good side, she laughs and lets me throw in an anecdote every 30 minutes or so - its like recess.
Thank to her strengths - being organization, checklists, combing documents we are further along than we've ever been. Mot my forte, that's just plain torture. I do do it and can do it, but it knocks out my mojo.
In the same room as Jaime, I realized I can easily recruit a partner in crime to attempt to distract Brandi. Hehehehe. I know exactly how far I can push before I sober up and grab a coffee.
When her eyebrows stretch above her glasses, its time to check back in. Its actually a Godsend that we have someone that focused in the group.
Nevertheless, Im thinking Brandi should bring us treats for good behaviour and effort. Maybe she could leverage her efforts.... or not.
I figured out this dynamic - Brandi is Yang, I am Yin and Jaime is both (chi).
She has the love for check lists, procedure but its so easy to get funny story out of her like nobody's business, and sway her off topic ('cause the old one became boring).
Now, even IF Brandi brings treats, let us have recess - once we incorporate social media (like Twittering) could be interesting to maintain our attention spans. The new plan might be to forfeit our phones and purses to the big grey bin prior to any future meetings.
Our first week with Jaime - a success, but its gonna be busier due to new implemented ideas and plans.
I am bringing Fred's doggy bed with me to Make-A-Wish so I can curl up and suck my thumb during those upcoming "Hey! Lets do this... moments".
Kidding aside, Im feeling good about this year.

Its a little belated - Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Check in soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment