Monday, October 24, 2011

Some Ritalin with my coffee please?

Today we had a HM meeting at Peters house (this would be crazy Christie's) and "we" would be Jaime, Brandi and myself.
Christie has just been recruited to be our full on stylist coordinator (who shall relieve the past responsibilities of my lovely daughter Megs, and offer support to our 2 dedicated captains Mel and Sam).
Christie may be a character, but she takes her roles very seriously (and I'll tell you this was the case this morning). She was on a mission and you dont mess with her when she's got that goin on.
Chris had all of her notes piled up and was adamant in getting to ALL of them.
Jaime sat across from her, new stages of learning the language of "Apple" on my old macbook (which is now her "new" laptop). Its missing a key and the little wheel just spins and spins.
Brandi sat next with pen in hand in a mad scramble to document and organize the ADHD conversation that billowed around her.
Her laptop weighs a hundred pounds and was built in the 80's. The occasional poof of smoke that came off her pen indicated that this was quicker than a keyboard.

Christie insisted that I stay focused... on 14 things, meanwhile Jaime is texting me across the table (as I am clearly not responding to her).

Reviewing piles of notes - NOT my favorite thing ... I decide to escape to the coffee and fixin's in Christies kitchen. That gave me about a minute of reprieve before the chains secured me back down.
I have reviewed the pledge packages more times this year than EVER before, its exhausting for a girl like me.
Please peeps find a new way to torture me, make me count money instead or how about lick stamps?
As I sat cuffed to the table I realized that I was not alone. I always knew I had these friends afflicted with the same traits as I, only today .... not so much. I couldn't keep up.
Having taken my pill this morning, I realized I was struggling.
It was like I was put outside myself so as to appreciate what my kids have weathered their whole lives, what Brandi and Nicki have endured. Its a LOT to process in one haul.

I looked over at Brandi and thought "how is she keeping up... and she's GOOD".
She's not even crying or chewing the skin off her hands.
Brandi, I gotta tell ya, it takes talent to organize these whirlwinds. Your sense of humour well in tact, youre golden girlfriend.

Meanwhile Christie has a vision for her area, I think she's owning that quite well. Im blown away actually. Chris and Jaime have been with me for 5 /6 years - enthusiastically and passionately.
Jaime is creating a sponsorship request - in Mac language, and addressing her points fighting for air time with Peters. I cant keep up with Jaime either.

Tammy called to task to hopefully approve a hundred ideas and edits.
After 2 1/2 hours, I left Christies with an urgent need to crash a buffet and put my face under a chocolate fountain.
Having shared, I have to admit we got a LOT accomplished.
Im very lucky to share this event with these levels of talent and enthusiasm.. and PASSION.
I do however think a sponsorship of Ritalin might be in order....


1 comment:

  1. I must admit - it was a bit like herding cats... and as such, I slept like a rock last night! However - if you do head for the chocolate fountain - you'd better invite me!

    ReplyDelete