Wednesday, October 26, 2011

2012 Promo video

Well folks I am thrilled to say that the DVD is FINALLY done!
I use this little 9 minute video to showcase our event, particularly at schools or for various teams / workplaces and also displayed on our website.

In past, a coworker of Gord (Joe - at Canada Post) created 2004-05.
Following and up to current, I have recruited talent to pull divine creations out of my thoughts (that really aren't mine).
Up until last year, Amy Cornet and my daughter Kyrsti have extracted a vision and endured my plentiful and persistent edits and skillfully displayed beautiful moments of our history.

THIS year, my Dusty took this project on (God love him) and I shall proudly say.... he did a fine job. :)
At some prophetic moment over the last 6 summers (while I'm driving) I will literally "see" the video. It comes all at once - the songs, the pictures, the atmosphere. Then I go home and make it happen before I forget.

Like many of these hairbrained ideas, I take little ownership as they are given to me. Ive just learned to pay attention to what's a Tammy idea and a God inspired idea.
I cant argue with an inspired idea, it simply works and we dont mess with it. I'll fight for it to the bitter end and historically this has caused some heated arguments over certain areas of this event.

My own ideas are negotiable. Sometimes I can hit one out of the park on my own, others take harsh ribbings from certain folks (you know who you are...)

This years video did not come this summer. It was worrisome.
I had to start from scratch, with a basic idea of an anniversary theme, but no vision.
I procrastinated, and eventually pulled ideas out of my -- until it finally came this month. I panicked as I realized that Kyrsti has a ridiculous schedule like mine.
I thought of Dusty and he enthusiastically said YES (that was before he knew what he was dealing with...).
The anniversary video is not high tech. Like the others, I am not too concerned about looking professional - Im focused on reaching the people. Its homemade, grassroots and the message brings it home.
Next 10 years, Jaime can take over the creative and Im good with that. I have officially run out of hospital pics of Kali and other young survivors (pics taken that once were frowned upon) were used for this. Interesting looking back...

Poor Dusty, each facebook post, text and tweet reflected "YAY - its DONE!".
Heheheh, my daughters warned him - when I say "sweet - you're done" - this means I will edit it another 3-4 times before our next viewing when it's done.
So its done.... Unless I hit the pillow and realize that I forgot to send a certain pic, or found a certain pic, or that Dusty could shave off a fraction of a second off something so I can add another something.
Dusty if you are reading this - just burn the DVD's man - dont answer your phone, dont open your email.
I'll tell ya. I could not deal with a me. I'd strangle it.
We Libra's really should be punished for a lifetime of changing our minds for the sake of balancing ourselves and everything around us.
I'll betcha 5 minutes after I hit "publish" on this blog, I will edit it.
Then I'll shut down laptop, pee .... and edit again. My head will hit the pillow, and just as I sink into the memory foam, Ill make my way in the dark, trip over a dog and ...you get where Im going.

I shall be posting on website as soon as DVD's are in hand (Thank you DJ FISH!) and notifying the schools that presentations are ready to go. :)
Have a good night folks.






No comments:

Post a Comment