Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moes Poker / Bike Rally

Moe Duvall is a Hair Massacure fundraising enthusiast.
Weve had the pleasure of having his involvement for the past 4 years.
This weekend Gord and I attended Moe's Motorcycle and Poker Rally at R Pub in Castle Downs.
We were in awe of his efforts and creativity.
Moe had 100 bikes in attendance, along with a little girl (Emma) who donated her hair in support of the sick kids (even though she herself has a rare blood disorder which parallels Leukaemia) and our first Proud Victim of the year!
Moe has a young nephew that has conquered 2 different cancers twice. He's invested. He melted in Emmas presence.

Breakfast was provided by the pub at 10:30 following registration (25.00 per head - all clear cash to the cause).....then Moe delivered his speech.
I feel its important to include that THIS man was quite nervous being the M.C. - the same man who dolled up as a woman and sold his fake nails at the bar one year (all for the kids), proudly wears CRAZY pink hair (as a biker and business owner), and chose to wear a pink wig ALL day yesterday. Another year he raised 10,000 one year in a huge coffee can at the bar.

Gord and I were warmly greeted by all of his participants and sponsors. They fed us breakfast, and invited me back with the girls for supper. Enjoyed sneaking my 14 year old daughter into a pub, but the highlight was their awesome homemade burger. Had to unhinge my jaw to eat it. All food provided and donated by R Pub. Moe seems to be quite popular with his peeps.

Now on a separate note, it was a little tugging for me to watch all those bikes roar by. I want a bike, have wanted one since the day I was thrown off (as a passenger) and run over by the car. Not sure why that inspired me to ride, took 2 years to heal from that boo boo.
So I'm putting it out into the universe. If our creator foresees that Tammy will will get another boo boo from riding, then Im hoping he will prevent me from acquiring one (likely through the bank that wont loan me the money). The other factor is that Im 5 ft tall. (actually gained half inch from the accident) - I may not even fit one - unless I ask a Shriner about one of the wee ones they ride in parades.

Not sure what Moes final total will be from his first annual September riding event, but Im anxious to find out.

Will update you on his success!
Thank you Moe, for everything you do!






No comments:

Post a Comment