Saturday, November 13, 2010

Driving lessons

Well... today I did not wash my meds down with a Timmies and a pound of sugar.
This was success.
Kids were kinda worried yesterday knowing that their mother would be worse ON meds, when the objective was to contain me (a bit...), and organize me.

Consequently.... although surpassing my record of entertainment yesterday, my girls delight in my regular "mommyisms" and are equally concerned that I will soon be reduced to a predictable, boring, dry toast mother.
I guess that remains to be seen, should know in a couple of weeks "who" I'll potentially be.
I woke this morning with a sore thumb and realized I had eaten half of it while I was bouncing off the walls (see post from yesterday). Kyrsti woke with a sore tummy and realized that laughing is better exercise than sit-ups.
Today is calmer so I decided to take the 2 girls out for driving lessons. I knew this was going to be stressful so my automatic response would be to take a few sips of a cooler (a Tammy sip is equal to a normal drink for this cheap drunk) or pound back some chocolate with a coffee. No longer an option, so I ripped though half pack of gum (that I stole again from Kali's halloween bag).

A total of 3 hours for 2 kids, they did ok - but still I burned 3000 calories and ate my other thumb.
We went into town and onto the highway, away from the familiar quiet residential areas they have grew accustomed to.
It was at this moment that I realized how much us parents reminis about our babies "firsts."
First sleep though the night, first steps, first day of school, first date... first car accident..... Gulp.
For the life of me, I could NOT let go of that first part (concerning accidents)

Car is pretty old - is the air bag going to work? OMG - does it have an airbag?
Dang! - how did these stupid Camaro's fair out in prior crash tests?
Door is pretty heavy, can I open it in time if I need to bail?
Oh wait! What kind of mother does that!!?

Racing thoughts...
How much will the premiums go up?
And if the car is totalled (wont take much to write off - not worth anything) .... then what?
Should we have looked for an old Toyota or Honda instead? But dont the old ones rust easily?
I think a speedbump could take this rickety thing out. It sure makes a lot of noise.
Why did I settle for "cool" but easy to destroy as opposed to hearty and boring? Cause I'm incapable of entertaining "boring". (oh... sweet car in front of us... I want that...)

Never did it occur to me that Mandy or Kyrsti could be injured.

Would God actually let that happen after everything we've been through?
Wasn't the 3 girls in ICU enough insurance that we would not endure anymore?
Well that's just dumb and why am I praying right now for my own life?

Thoughts definitely still racing... these meds dont work. Call Pharmacist when we get home.....IF we get home.... Hmmmm what will we have for a snack?

When Kyrsti and Mandy are secure behind the wheel, I will only have one more to teach .... (if they dont make a millionaire out of me first).
Miss Kali, not being the fastest child on the planet will be challenging. I should let her play video games. Wonder if I could just load new apps on my sweet new Iphone? Be cheaper. What if she looses it? Uh oh... where'd I put my phone?

This weekend will be my first weekend off in quite a long while, so I am enjoying the break thoroughly. Weekends off and evenings are few and far between during Massacure season.

Will update early next week.... Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment