Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2 daughters

This post goes to daughter #1 - Meagan and daughter #3 - Kyrsti
We'll start with the younger one.....
Kyrsti has been referred to as a "super baby" since the day of her birth. A highly motivated and cheerful young lady, she just goes and goes. Has been an honors students since the beginning of her 8 school years, kudos to her because this achievement is rightfully earned. Kyrsti is the type of child that will never require a reminding to do her homework or study. She will disappear into her room and just take care of that on her own. She pays attention in class because its a respect issue for her on both sides - respect for the person speaking / teaching and respect for herself to self improve. I find this remarkable.
Last night was awards night at the school. Kyrsti won 4 awards: the Presidential award (as elected school president - which she took VERY seriously), Best Actress (for the play production), Top Honours (93% average), and Most Outstanding Student. The last 2 awards resulted in a 200.00 cash bonus, compliments of the Knights of Columbus. I was beaming with pride, as I know how hard she works for her achievements. The greatest part of her is that she is such a nice kid. Now having said that, because I am superstitious I may as well jump in the billboard and go to the store to get her some black lipstick, hair dye, and a studded leather collar.....

So lets talk about Meagan. She too a superbaby. Born 3 months early at an impressive 3 pounds, Meagan fought to survive from day 1. Walked before her 1st birthday, and grew taller than anyone in the family - (including the men). The bar not being very high for family height.
The nicest girl you'll ever meet (like her other sisters) but dont you dare push her buttons. Underneath that striking appearance and perfect hair is BERT (from Sesame Street). She has a look that resembles his when Earnie has taken it too far (think its the eyebrows...).
Its Meagans birthday, and I wont mention her age because I dont want anyone doing any math to reveal MY age.... We had a great day with her sharing her day and I couldnt help but go back to the days when she was ever so small. Then I remembered missing my baby shower because I was in an air ambulance on my way to Royal Alex Neonatal Unit. The ladies waited and waited for me to show up for my surprise while I huffed and puffed through my contractions at the hospital. I think my daughter owes me some baby gifts....
but having said that she's an incredible daughter and treats her mommy very well. She refers to herself as my sugar daddy always spoiling me, looking out for me, she always has me back and that shocks me considering she was grounded throughout junior high. Let me clarify - grounded because she is a people person and making connections is on her life's list of priorities - not math or social, or cleaning her room.
Meagan is the stylist captain for the event, and does a stellar job with that, much like her career.
My daughter is now engaged to the nicest and neatest young man I've ever met, so I am thrilled about that because we are now stuck with him.
I'll admit, you may have caught me in a boastful moment but I have 4 wonderful daughters that each have their own gifts to offer the world and I wanted to give them a shout out cause I think they deserve it.
To counterbalance my brags, I will ensure that they have extra chores, may throw in a grounding, and the homemade cookies will be rationed.
Megs and Kyrsti - I love ya!! Thank you for being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment