Tuesday, March 29, 2011

$5,630,000

When you reach the million one year... and you’re in the middle of the next and wondering if you’re going to make it this year too... It keeps you up at night, it makes you count everything ten times a day to see if anything has changed and by how much, it makes you think about donating a very large amount – even if it means I’ll be paying off my car for another ten years… you need to have a plan – any kind of plan – in case the worst happens.

There are some cases where worrying makes sense, and when I think about WHY we do the work we do – my worries pale in comparison – and yet it doesn’t make them disappear. They’re still there and they’re still real (at least in my head). But I should have known… with the team of staff, board members, captains, volunteers, and participants that we have – I should have known!

I don’t have to worry about it anymore! We have done it – we have raised the MILLION! Plus. Now we can concentrate on bigger issues – like the worries of the families staying at RMH, or the ones of the parents whose kid is in the Stollery, or the parents whose child might not make it to their Wish. These are real concerns and they are justified in worrying.

I hope that by my small contribution to Massacure (in regards to the grander scheme of life) I have helped alleviate someone’s worries when it comes to their kid. I hope that their worries will be lessened by my worrying and planning and working to make it to the million again this year.

Thank you to everyone who helped in the 2011 Hair Massacure! WE DID IT!

Nicki

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, Nicki! Congrat's to everyone who helped make this a reality!!!

    ReplyDelete