Tuesday, March 1, 2011

leading up to .... Kali Bear sightings






I have to thank our friend Clifford (the gentleman in the 2010 HM video with the pink ponytails), Carrie Roulston (owner of LOXX) and Tina MacQueen (our merch captain) who became the catalysts of this brilliant idea of a "Kali Bear Sightings" page on our website. http://hairmassacure.com/kali-bear

I met Clifford last year in Loxx where he was pinking his hair for the first time.

Prior to this year, I have always had opportunity to take a few days in a salon (LOXX) to throw on a smock / gloves and wear a different hat.
Forgive me for sidetracking again (most of you are used it it).... I'll elaborate before I get to the Kali Bear point.
When I was 18, my chosen career was to be a hairstylist. Marvel would have been my school of choice after the completion of Highschool .... however my first born (Meagan) had a different idea.
It was deja vu for me when I walked my 18 year old daughter into Marvel for the first time to register.
My daughters passion for the hair industry once allowed me to live vicariously through her UNTIL I found opportunity to make my own experience.

Attending hair shows, researching product lines, absorbing Meagans "take" on latest trends, hangin' with the stylists is most interesting to me, however now I realize that this may not have been the best career choice for me as I get side tracked easily. Big surprise, I know.
With only one thing to focus on, I tend to get into trouble more often.

HM allows me to wear many hats.

Some of the salons we work with have allowed me to pose as "hair stylist" over the years (namely LOXX), where I can go in unmarked and sometimes unrecognized, occasionally mistaken as an employee.

Funny thing is I am actually good at this stuff. I even cut and perm hair.

As I am bleaching and pinking, I am picking up tips (educational "tips"), and connecting with our participants on a whole new level.
Its allowed me to fully grasp what happens in the salon, another area of the event that I believe I need to have knowledge of.
I have met the most interesting "Proud Victims" while altering their hair. This is back to where Clifford comes in....

Meeting Clifford last year was memorable. He is a quiet man with a subtle and unique sense of humor. This year I had the honour of running into him again at LOXX at the sink.
As Carrie pinked, Clifford shared his vision of turning the Kali Bear into a Flat Stanley.

Clifford was leaving the following morning as he had tix to the Craig Ferguson show, following - Golden Globe Red Carpet walk.
Clifford was VERY successful with a number of well known celebrities agreeable to hold and pose with our bear including Jay Leno and Nicole Kidman.
Outside of those efforts for fame, Kali Bear was placed in the most imaginative poses on the beach, in the wax Museum and on the Walk of Fame.

Kali Bear - now getting out into the world may eventually bring us to meet Ellen De generous.

Since Clifford, Kali Bear has been to Banff with us, skiing with Tina Plsek, to a RUSH game, and I hear he is off to do an Afghanistan Mission, and a vacation to Australia.
I now have a wear 'n' tear bear that sits on my dash awaiting his next adventure.

I look forward to seeing more of his journeys. You can be a part of it - help the bear reach his fame.

Please send your Kali Bear pics to tmac@hairmassacure.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment