Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Physio

I started physio yesterday.
Normally I'm a "go to the chiropractor - slam my bones" kinda girl.
I dont like wasting time healing, just reef on me - got stuff to do.
But the doc sent me to Physio instead. I'm thinking "if they cant make me cry, is it worth my time?", but I go anyways because doc no longer negotiates with me.
Yesterday went pretty well. I wondered if my therapist was 12, so I asked her. I feel better that she's a bit older. She did help me... enough that I was able to drag myself to the Back Street Boys concert (all thanks to gramma for the handicap parking, and my friend Loc for the tix).
Supposed to be on bedrest, so therapist girl agreed that seeing the boys was cause to do something stupid (well, I knew she was thinking it so I went).
They were definitely worth it (except the 4 bimbos sitting in front of us caused such unpleasant distraction). Good news was that I found places to dispose of my gum.
Yesterday after the heat, ultra sound and current, therapist talked about stretching my spine.
Makes sense....
Gord mentioned hanging by the knees on the monkey bars so I thought I'd give it a whirl after my treatment. Why not? I felt pretty good, and the pain meds were very kind.
I picked up Kali and we went to the park with a chair. I knew she could be of assistance being my height and weight. I got sand in my hair, and the dog poo beneath made for cleaver measures getting down, but she was able to help me, not without a smirk on her face.
So today I was placed on a stretching table where I where an uncomfortable harness (like a corset) imprisoned me for 10 minutes. I thought about my first wedding...
The person is belted across the ribs and hips. Being flat chested, the harness slips right across the jubblies like butter, on the south end causes a severe case of plumbers crack.
I dont fancy this treatment, and much prefer the park with the sand and the poo.
I am determined not to waste what little summer we have, creating a sink hole in my couch.
All I think is " imagine if this occurred over Massacure season?". Cant afford THAT to happen, so Ive got to get crackin to get moving again.
Im thinking laxatives may get me limber quicker than physio, at least running shorter distances.
Will keep you posted with the progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment