Friday, August 6, 2010

Laid Up

Ok... so here I am laying sideways in hopes of taking pressure off my left leg. Im happy I have a laptop so at least I am productive for something.
Looks like I may have a ruptured disk and the doc has placed me on bedrest. This is the forth time now in my life that I have been grounded to the couch and I hate it. :(
Kyrsti is away at her friends cabin, Mandy has the flu and so all the pressure lays on Miss Kali.
Guess thats karma for her ... :)
Kali is juggling tasks - filling in for Mandy at work (at the dog groomer), cooking and cleaning and catering to my every whim... at the age of 12. Good thing this kid is good natured and does not allow complaint to find her. She makes the BEST tea ever.
I am awaiting a CT scan and meanwhile I feel miserable.
I wish I had a really good story (like a fishing story) to share with you, but I got nothing. I do however feel it still relates to my Firebird / karma story, but geez this is taking it way too far!
Likely this relates to being hit on a motorcycle and then run over 5 years ago.
3 pregnancies, I was forced to lay like a beached whale on the couch for 2 months. This combined with NOW has not brought out my best features.... think Im growing a tail,
and horns.
Gord has been coming to the rescue as well, and my very awesome daughter (Megs) and friends have been checking up on me frequently.... little do they know that my imprisonment has caused my neck to spin around.
How many episodes of Friends and golden Girls will I be able to stomach?
In between that I am checking my emails every 5 minutes and reading Eat Love Pray, texting, facebooking, and now blogging - all on T3's. Weeeeeeee...
On that note, I will divulge something kinda interesting (to me anyways). During my daughters therapist appointment, I accidentally learned that A.D.D. may be added to my title of "Hair Diva". How does that work, and why is it that my hidden issues became more interesting than the patient? Apparently I scored 89% on an A.D.D test. Whatever.
Do I have this across my forehead? Is it because the staff at the Tim Hortons I frequent can recognize my purse? Or because I have 14 windows up on my screen on a slow day? Do I really LOVE chaos? And most people fidget and text while they pee dont they?
I asked the other voices in my head to see what they thought and they were quite surprised at this observation, however my dearest friends and kids think someone should have said it years ago. Now thats just mean. :(
So I am having another meeting with my voices and my children and we are going to come up with a plan to take back to the therapist cause thats how I roll.
Im on the couch anyways, so I will come up with a solution for my back, my A.D.D. and how to get on the Ellen show (cause I need her to teach me some dance moves).
Cheers.
Update you on the saga of the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment