Tuesday, May 4, 2010

School concert

April showers bring May blizzards. :(
I am careful not to express what I am really feeling right now about this blizzard just 3 days away from our outdoor school concert on Friday with Doc Walker.
I may consider tweezing a bit more between the eyebrows as the last 2 weeks they have been growing closer together. I looked a lot like Bert (sesame street) this morning when I woke to a white backyard and the worst blizzard of 2010. I don't even think Botox could touch this "look" I've got going on.
I'm not sure what it is about my life and glitches. On the scale of ease and difficulty, I seem to live on the difficult side where everything seems to involve jumping through many hoops before things get accomplished. I am having myself a pit party today as I feel entitled.
This particular school concert has been worrisome from the day it was planned with Chris Sheetz back in November.
Chris is the working force behind this as he has to scoop the entertainer that will agree to do this for us, arrange the performance and pass on the band requirements and I was to cover the rest.
This year, everything that could have potentially been problematic was, and so folks have to scramble to work through all of the glitches (from food orders to location, tents, stage, generators, weather, schedule, attendance, band requirements, sound system and so forth).
Not part of the original plan.... but then it rarely is.
Thank God that the school is getting involved, and Chris Sheetz has again gone above and beyond to make this a success. Now if Mother Nature would cooperate by Friday (for our OUTDOOR performance), perhaps this may be a great success!
In the end, it will likely work out as I also seem to have that track record, but not before I down another bottle of Pepto Bismal.

No comments:

Post a Comment